Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ramen Creativity

Ramen noodles are probably one of the cheapest and easiest to prepare foods you can buy. The good news is kids can be taught to make these and they LOVE them. Kids hungry for a hot, cheap meal? Grab a pack of ramen and presto!

The wife and I stock up on tons of these every month. If you get tired of them there are some creative ways to "spice" them up. I add some garlic, a touch of Tabasco, and a small amount of olive oil to mine and it's great.

You can also think of ramen as small, meal-sized noodle dishes. Just leave out the flavor packets. I sometimes cook the noodles, add cheese (melts well), some salsa if you like and have a quick tasty meal.

If you have ramen ideas, add them to the comments section. I'll check them out and if I like them I'll add them to the page!


No comments: